Back to Calendar
Regular Agenda Item
Regular BOS Meeting
Jacque Sanders, Deputy County Manager/Librarian
Deputy County Mgr/Library District
Resolution No. 20-03-04 - Renewal of Gila County's membership in the Arizona Local Government Employee Benefit Trust (AZLGEBT).
The AZLGEBT is an employee benefits consortium that is open to eligible rural Arizona counties.
Formed effective July 1994, the Trust currently has six (6) member counties including Apache, Graham, Greenlee, Gila, La Paz and Santa Cruz. Each participating entity appoints two (2) Trustees to represent their entity with regards to Trust administration. Trustees meet on a quarterly basis to collectively administer medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance benefits for their employee populations.
Over the years, providing affordable health insurance has become a strenuous journey with many hurdles. The combination of strict budget constraints and rising health care costs has forced public entities to find innovative ways to maintain control of benefit costs while simultaneously providing employees competitive benefits. The AZLGEBT provides member entities with a way to maintain a greater degree of control over their employee benefits programs through the benefit of their collectively larger numbers. Benefits of AZLGEBT membership include:
• Enhanced financial security resulting from improved spread of risk over the larger group;
• enhanced bargaining power when purchasing benefits-related products and services;
• lower overhead for plan operations; and
• the ability to customize program offerings to meet specific needs and desires among the members
1) Gila County is currently a Participating Entity in the AZLGEBT and the County's current term of membership as a Participating Entity shall expire on June 30, 2020.
2) Renewal of a Participating Entity's membership in the AZLGEBT requires approval by the AZLGEBT's Board of Trustees prior to the proposed effective date of such renewal, which was granted at the meeting of the AZLGEBT Board on February 14, 2020.
3) Once the AZLGEBT Board approval is received, the Participating Entity is required to approve a Membership Renewal Resolution authorizing the Participating Entity's membership for the designated Renewal Period.
4) The County's Board of Supervisors is required to re-appoint a Trustee and Alternate Trustee to serve as the County's representative on the AZLGEBT Board as of the effective date of the Renewal Period and until the appointment of a duly qualified successor.
Participation in the AZLGEBT has been beneficial both for the covered employees and the County as a whole by providing affordable health insurance at a reasonable rate. The AZLGEBT provides opportunities for both a traditional co-pay plan as well as a high deductible health plan with a health savings account, along with vision and dental health plans. In addition, the AZLGEBT provides a robust Wellness Program and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Renewal of the County's membership in the AZLGEBT will serve the interests of the County and its employees.
County Administration recommends that the Board of Supervisors authorize renewal of Gila County's membership in the AZLGEBT and appoint Trustees to serve during the renewal period.
Information/Discussion/Action to adopt Resolution No. 20-03-04 authorizing the renewal of Gila County's membership in the Arizona Local Government Employee Benefit Trust (AZLGEBT) for the period commencing July 1, 2020, and terminating on June 30, 2023; and appointing W. James Menlove, Trustee, and Jacque Sanders, Alternate Trustee, to serve on the Board of Directors of the AZLGEBT from July 1, 2020, until the appointment of a duly qualified successor.
Resolution No. 20-03-04
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2022 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved